The term 'Sophie Day Photography' or 'us' or 'we' or 'I' refers to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 12163725. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
WHO WE ARE
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
• your name, address and contact details including telephone numbers and email addresses
• date of birth
• details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
• information about the services we provide to you
• your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
• create and manage your bookings with us
• verify your identity
• provide goods and services to you
• notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
• improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children and we will only collect personal information (name and age) relating to children if the purpose of your booking is for them.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
• consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
• contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
• legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
• legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
FURTHER INFORMATION- THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHEN AND HOW WE USE IT
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections: We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct Interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site or by communicating with us by phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
Order Our Products Or Services
Request Resources Or Marketing Be Sent To You
Send Us Your Feedback
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will use your personal data when we need to perform the contract between us
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
We require you to provide name(s), address, email address and a telephone number to enable us to contact you for marketing communications where you have requested information from us; or when you are making a booking. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We would like to send you information about seasonal photoshoots, competitions and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form for the first time. Click on the "contact us" link to see what this form looks like.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
—contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
—using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
It may take up to 31 days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to email@example.com
• let us have enough information to identify you (eg your full name and address)
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates including any invoice or reference numbers, if you have them
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com and ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.